Swan 44-113 Chinook of GunhillMYM2024-02-05T14:39:33+01:00
Chinook of Gunhill
Originally called ‘Fish Eagle of Brook’ and built for short handed cruising by the owner and his wife. The normal season included weekend Solent sailing and an annual cruise to Brittany. The first owner kept his Swan in a good, seamanlike condition and had a program of winter maintenance out of the water at Hamble Yacht Services. The rig, sails and running rigging were also checked and serviced regularly.
The second owner purchased the boat in 2009 and did a great job of bringing the Swan up to date.
The following is from an extensive list of works carried out during his ownership:
– Replacement of the teak decks throughout.
– Gel type engine mountings.
– All bunks foams and coverings with leather in saloon.
– Updated and replaced navigation area in teak, having removed the dated leatherette finish.
– Replacement of some rods on the standing rigging. Mast and rigging overhauled and serviced by Hamble Yacht Services in 2009.
– Carbon main boom.
– Replaced sheets and guys.
– Replaced running Dynema rigging.
-Complete replacement of instruments, chart plotter, repeaters.
– Auto pilot ST7000 series and controls.
– Icom DSC VHF.
– Stereo cd player.
– Jabsco ‘heads’ pumps.
The present owner purchased the Swan in 2013 and has owned Chinook for 10 years. He has cruised extensively in the Western Mediterranean with family and friends, visiting Sardinia, Sicily and Venice.
He has had Chinook professionally maintained by two yards in Italy, most recently, the Shipyard Base Nautica Marina in Gatea. 2023 works include antifoul stripped to gel coat, hull sanded and faired, 2 coats of epoxy applied before new antifoul. Replaced mast collar. Gas system serviced. Hydraulic system serviced. Fuel system check and filters replaced. Water tanks removed, cleaned and pressure tested. North mainsail and genoa.
Chinook is now ready to set sail with her new Owners.