Unit 16 - The Slipway
Vortec Marine at Endeavour Quay
Vortec Marine at Hamble
Unit 8 Swanwick Marina
Swanwick Shore Road
T +44 (0)1489 854850
M +44 (0)7802 157576
T +44 (0) 1206 382332
M +44 (0) 7539 150517
Vortec Marine is the Authorised Service Centre for Nautor’s Swan in the UK, operating from three South Coast sites. Ross founded Vortec Marine Ltd in 2006. He is currently Managing Director of Vortec Marine Ltd and Principal and Managing Director of sister organisation, Vortec Marine Training Ltd.
As well as personally managing the Brokerage business, on a day-to-day basis Ross oversees all aspects of the two businesses across all three sites, from business development to project delivery. Ross is very hands-on and project manages the larger marine projects.
Background and experience:
- BSc hons Maritime Environmental Science – Units including Navigation, Meteorology, Oceanography
- Diploma in Marine Surveying (DipMarSurv, GradIIMS)
- Training Skipper for Clipper Ventures Round The World Yacht Race
- Former manager of a high profile racing yacht management company. As well as managing several racing yachts, the company built a race optimised Ker 46 and project managed the build of a Ker 36
- Experienced in all aspects of yacht maintenance and repair, including rigging, engineering and GRP repairs
- Sailing for over 25 years
- Professional Commercially Endorsed Skipper and multiple discipline instructor since 2002 inc Sailing, Powerboat, Radar & VHF instructor certs.
- 18 years experience skippering, working onboard, managing and maintaining Oyster Yachts
Barry is Nautor’s Swan’s Regional Director for Northern Europe and, based in the UK, manages personally the sale of Swan Yachts in the UK. A life long and passionate sailor, Barry has an enviable track record in high value yacht sales spanning more than fifteen years. Barry is committed to providing the highest levels of service, support and expertise to anyone considering the purchase of a Swan - pre-owned or new.