This is an extremely well maintained 411. The previous custodian had taken great care of her during ownership since 1996. The current custodian has again spared no expense over maintaining her and on her purchase soon undertook a number of upgrades.
Under the previous owners ownership she was extensively cruised in fair weather and foul. They explored the South Coast, channel harbours, the Bay of Biscay and many Portuguese ports. In 2019 they cruised from Inverness, via the Caledonian canal, on to Belfast and Dublin, then to Fowey in Cornwall and finally to Portland marina. She never let them down and has been maintained in part to sustain a remarkable Sparkman & Stephens Swan. The current owner has kept her in Royal Clarence Marina and she has been enjoyed on frequent trips along the South Coast, west country and Channel Islands for the last two summers.
Since ownership in May 2021 the current custodian had undertaken the following;
- Replaced all seacocks with Blakes seacocks
- Installed shore power
- Replaced the Hot water tank
- Replaced the fridge
- Replaced the sea toilet
- Replaced genoa sheet winches and main halyard winch with ST
- Installed Lewmar electric windlass and 60m of anchor chain
- Replaced the cabin windows
- New mainsail cover, wheel cover and pram hood cover with grey canvas
- New guard rail wires fitted
- Replaced batteries
- Installed Victron battery charger
- Cabin heater serviced
- Renewed all red stripes
- New life raft
- New outboard engine
- New 3D tender
- Diesel tank flushed and cleaned (2023)
- Coppercoating completed (2023)
- The engine has been professionally serviced each year.